Matrox' Linux Support - Read here

This forum is used for all questions regarding the use of Matrox graphics hardware with framebuffer drivers

Matrox' Linux Support - Read here

Postby tuxx-home.at » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:47 am

As some of you might already know, the drivers you can get here are not officially supported by Matrox, but they do at least work.

Although, there are some things I can't do anything about that, like major API changes in the X server, etc. and that's why some recent distributions shipping with Xorg 7.4 don't work with these drivers anymore.

We _NEED_ to tell Matrox about this problem, because they seem to rectify their poor linux support because of the small amount of tech support requests they get from us linux users.

So, in any case, if you have troubles with your Matrox card and even if I could help you out here, please contact them and tell them that the Linux community is still alive and that we're in the _NEED_ of working, supported drivers.

Our user "clubsoda" kindly compiled this contact information. I will update this announcement here regularly when I have new contact information.

Matrox Contact Information
Graphics Department: insales@matrox.com
Customer Service: usacustomerservice@shopmatrox.com
To submit a formal request for technical support, sign up at https://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/support/register/ but note that they'll probably want the serial number of your card plus a few other details.
tuxx-home.at
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

Return to Framebuffer Configurations