Thanks for offering this new forum!

For questions concerning driver development in general, problems with the board or users, feature requests or other Off-Topic discussions.

Thanks for offering this new forum!

Postby koslowj » Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:34 pm

I just discovered that the official matrox forums were closed, when I tried to recover some older information from there (concerning the use of icc profiles under linux). What a shame! Without the unofficial drivers available there I would have had to replace my Parhelia 128 right away after buying my latest computer in October 2004, a buying decision based on Matrox's alleged "support" for Linux. And without the info of our moderator I wouldn't have dared to buy my wonderful new 1920x1200 display (even if it took a while to get it going under linux)!

I had to search a bit to find this new forum, which seems to be very new ;-)
At least the working drivers have _not_ disappeared, as did the wealth of information on the official forum. And while my next machine will probably be a mac, for the time being I'm glad I can check this forum in case of a problem.

Keep up the good work,

-- Jürgen
koslowj
Private
Private

Postby tuxx-home.at » Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:57 am

(concerning the use of icc profiles under linux).

Have you found something about this topic on the web?

I had to search a bit to find this new forum, which seems to be very new

Yep, we are online since 1st january.

As far as the knowledge is concerned that has been buried with the official
Matrox forum, I hope that we are able to build up a new knowledge base
as good as the old one.
tuxx-home.at
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

Postby koslowj » Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:52 pm

tuxx-home.at wrote:
(concerning the use of icc profiles under linux).

Have you found something about this topic on the web?

I rediscovered the Wikipedia page <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_color_management> with references to xcalib and the Argyll Color Management System. Both have not been updated since I last tried to use them. I'm not seeing any change when trying to load a profile generated under Windows with xcalib. What puzzles me is that xcalib is supposed to work on the X-server's Gamma ramp rather than the video card's look-up-table (LUT) and hence should be independent of the graphics card. I'll have to play with this some more.

The Wikipedia page also gives a link to a Linux version of the LightZone program (stable version 1.6) for converting raw files and working on digital pictures. I saw his demonstrated at the Photokina at the end of September and was quite intrigued.

-- Jürgen
koslowj
Private
Private

Postby tuxx-home.at » Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:23 am

Thanks for posting this information!
tuxx-home.at
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

Return to General questions