"DVD Max” video playback - Parhelia

This forum is for all Parhelia based cards (Millenium P650, P690, P750, QID, Parhelia 256, APVe, ...) that need the mtx driver to run properly.

"DVD Max” video playback - Parhelia

Postby misku » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:35 pm

Hello,
I've got Matrox Parhelia APVe 128 and I was looking for the answer to my problem all over the google and this forum also, but I couldn't really find it. When I was using Win XP some time ago, there was a feature in PowerDesktop called „DualHead DVD Max”. It was "Matrox PureVideo to view hardware-accelerated video playback in a video window on one display and full-screen on another display".
These are options accessible via Windows:

It works the way described below:
- I open the movie in a window (i.e. mlpayer classic on win xp) on my CRT
- the movie is playing in a window
- the movie is simultaneously playing in full screen on my tv which is connected by SCART
- I can minimize the window to the "Start" toolbar on my CRT (so I can work on sth else) but it is still playing on my tv as a full screen video
- result: I can work, my sister can watch movies on tv screen :)

Is this behaviour achievable under linux OS? Are some additional entries to xorg.conf needed? It is neither of solutions provided by your driver documentation (1 - DualHead independent; 2 - DualHead merged), but I hope there is a way.

I also wanted to thank Alex for the effort that he puts in mainaining unofficial matrox drivers and keeping this forum alive. You're doing a great job!

Tom
misku
Private
Private

Re: "DVD Max” video playback - Parhelia

Postby misku » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:50 pm

If nobody knows the answer I'll share with what I found. It seems like TV-output functionality and PureVideo/DVDMax features are not supported by any other drivers than "HF" drivers, which in turn require Microsoft .NET Framework software.

http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/press/guides/display/

Probably it won't also work with windows on VMware software as the used graphic driver is proivded by VMware. The world is forcing us to use win systems :(
misku
Private
Private

Return to Matrox P-Series Cards