I've got Matrox Parhelia APVe 128 and I was looking for the answer to my problem all over the google and this forum also, but I couldn't really find it. When I was using Win XP some time ago, there was a feature in PowerDesktop called „DualHead DVD Max”
. It was "Matrox PureVideo to view hardware-accelerated video playback
in a video window on one display and full-screen on another display".
These are options accessible via Windows:
It works the way described below:
- I open the movie in a window (i.e. mlpayer classic on win xp) on my CRT
- the movie is playing in a window
- the movie is simultaneously playing in full screen on my tv which is connected by SCART
- I can minimize the window to the "Start" toolbar on my CRT (so I can work on sth else) but it is still playing on my tv as a full screen video
- result: I can work, my sister can watch movies on tv screen
Is this behaviour achievable under linux OS? Are some additional entries to xorg.conf needed? It is neither of solutions provided by your driver documentation (1 - DualHead independent; 2 - DualHead merged), but I hope there is a way.
I also wanted to thank Alex for the effort that he puts in mainaining unofficial matrox drivers and keeping this forum alive. You're doing a great job!