Waiting for the mtx driver v1.4.7...

This forum is for all Parhelia based cards (Millenium P650, P690, P750, QID, Parhelia 256, APVe, ...) that need the mtx driver to run properly.

Waiting for the mtx driver v1.4.7...

Postby Pancho » Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:13 am

On February 3, they released a (32-bit only) beta of the m9x driver for the M series (see here), which is said to work with X11 v7.4 (xorg server 1.5). So hopefully it's "only" a matter of weeks that Matrox will release at least a beta version of their latest mtx driver.

Some months ago, I really thought about throwing my Matrox cards away, but after successful downgrading to X11 7.3 (xorg 1.4), I decided to give them some more time. My satisfaction with Matrox products has suffered though. :evil:

Now let's hope and maybe push them a bit to get a beta out asap. Suse Linux Enterprise 11 is expected around July - that will be probably the date they are aiming at for a final release.
Pancho
Private
Private

Re: Waiting for the mtx driver v1.4.7...

Postby csp » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:59 pm

For their windows driver Matrix uses the phrase "unified driver". Why linux drivers are not unified (mga, mtx and m9x) ???
csp
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Waiting for the mtx driver v1.4.7...

Postby tuxx-home.at » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:19 am

Because it would be 80MB in size then, like the nVidia "unified" drivers (which aren't really unified anymore).
I don't think that having separate drivers is actually bad, but that's just my feelings about that.
tuxx-home.at
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

Return to Matrox P-Series Cards