Disable Firewall/Other Settings

Installation, configuration and troubleshooting of the Cisco VPN Client on Linux systems

Disable Firewall/Other Settings

Postby nmolinos » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:59 am

So last night after many hours of tinkering and manually patching files in order to get my vpnclient to compile correctly, I was able to connect to my work perfectly, and everything was running smoothly. After about 35 minutes of using vpnclient, I noticed that I could no longer reach my workstation at work via Remote Desktop/Terminal Service Client. I also could not visit any websites or ping anything outside of my local network. I then stopped vpnclient, still couldn't ping anything, so I restarted into Windows to see if something was possibly going on with the router.

Everything is fine in Windows. I reboot back into Ubuntu Karmic 9.1 (kernel 2.6.31 64bit) and check to see if I have any kind of connectivity, but I can't reach anything. Here's the tricky part -- my dns services work fine. I can resolve hostnames all day long, but I can't ping or use any other services. There appear to be no entries (default ACCEPT policies) in iptables, and vpnclient is not running. My routing table looks fine.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what is going on?

Thanks!
nmolinos
Private
Private

Return to Cisco VPN Client on Linux systems