Intel Core 2 Duo 64 Bit on Debian/testing failed to compile

Installation, configuration and troubleshooting of the Cisco VPN Client on Linux systems

Intel Core 2 Duo 64 Bit on Debian/testing failed to compile

Postby konqui » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:14 pm

Hi,

i previously installed the 32 Bit versions on AMD Athlon and Intel Atom laptops. My new HP Pavillion with an Intel Core 2 Duo 64 Bit refuses to compile the Cisco VPNClient. My OS is Debian/testing running the Ubuntu kernel 2.6.32-020632rc8-generic. The Debian/testing kernel can't handle my WiFi. I used the versions 4.8.01.0640 and 4.8.02.0030 of Cisco's VPNclient and applied the patches 4.8.01-64bit_2.6.24.patch (for the 4.8.01 only) cisco_skbuff_offset.patch (for both). I also tried to compile the vpnclient without the patches. Doesn't compile, either. The output of the failed compile of 4.8.02.0030 with applied cisco_skbuff_offset.patch is:
Code: Select all
make -C /lib/modules/2.6.32-020632rc8-generic/build SUBDIRS=/usr/src/vpn/vpnclient modules
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.32-020632rc8-generic'
  CC [M]  /usr/src/vpn/vpnclient/linuxcniapi.o
  CC [M]  /usr/src/vpn/vpnclient/frag.o
  CC [M]  /usr/src/vpn/vpnclient/interceptor.o
/usr/src/vpn/vpnclient/interceptor.c: In function ‘interceptor_init’:
/usr/src/vpn/vpnclient/interceptor.c:132: error: ‘struct net_device’ has no member named ‘hard_start_xmit’
/usr/src/vpn/vpnclient/interceptor.c:133: error: ‘struct net_device’ has no member named ‘get_stats’
/usr/src/vpn/vpnclient/interceptor.c:134: error: ‘struct net_device’ has no member named ‘do_ioctl’
/usr/src/vpn/vpnclient/interceptor.c: In function ‘add_netdev’:
/usr/src/vpn/vpnclient/interceptor.c:271: error: ‘struct net_device’ has no member named ‘hard_start_xmit’
/usr/src/vpn/vpnclient/interceptor.c:272: error: ‘struct net_device’ has no member named ‘hard_start_xmit’
/usr/src/vpn/vpnclient/interceptor.c: In function ‘remove_netdev’:
/usr/src/vpn/vpnclient/interceptor.c:294: error: ‘struct net_device’ has no member named ‘hard_start_xmit’
make[2]: *** [/usr/src/vpn/vpnclient/interceptor.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [_module_/usr/src/vpn/vpnclient] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.32-020632rc8-generic'
make: *** [default] Error 2
Failed to make module "cisco_ipsec.ko".

Using
Code: Select all
export KBUILD_NOPEDANTIC=1
does not change the errors. The patch cisco_skbuff_offset.patch reduces the compiling errors but there are still some remaining errors. I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Best regards,

Robin
konqui
Private
Private

Re: Intel Core 2 Duo 64 Bit on Debian/testing failed to compile

Postby konqui » Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:20 am

Hi,

the issue is more or less resolved: I got the VPN working with vpn-connect and vpn-disconnect from the vpnc package from Debain/testing. so, I don't need the Cisco VPNClient any more.

Best,

Robin
konqui
Private
Private

Return to Cisco VPN Client on Linux systems