G550 Tv-Out

This forum is for questions about all G-series cards (G200, G400, G450, ...) that need the mga driver to work properly

G550 Tv-Out

Postby topolinik » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:17 pm

Hi everyone, i'm in search for the ultimate answer about matrox g550 and tv-out under linux. I wish for using my shining video card as i can under winxp (i've got a dual boot system); is it possible to have dvdmax feature with xUbuntu distros?
Official tech support says "we are not sure..., go and search on internet forums..." I know, this is unbelievable but it is real!
Surfing on the web brings me to very old howtos which are talking about kernels 2.4.x, unmaintained patches, directfb tricks and prehistoric MPlayer releases. Have i to trust them?
So, what really are my possibilities to see some output on my tv (dvdmax/dvdclone)? Can it be done without messing up a whole OS (kernel recompiling...)? I have read some xorg.conf examples surfing on this forum, do they do their job? Did ever someone got success?
Thank you.
topolinik
Major
Major

Re: G550 Tv-Out

Postby tuxx-home.at » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:30 pm

Sorry, I can't provide a definitive answer to this question as I've never used the TV-out capabilities of any Matrox card.

Maybe a look at the following topic might give you some insights? [http://forum.tuxx-home.at/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=91]
tuxx-home.at
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

Return to Matrox G-Series Cards